The regeneration of Ravensbury
In 2015 the decision was made to develop regeneration proposals for three existing estates: Ravensbury and Eastfields in Mitcham and High Path in Wimbledon, based on the condition of the homes, levels of overcrowding and the results of an independent residents’ survey.
The regeneration of Ravensbury received the support of Merton Council with outline approval being granted by the Council’s Planning Committee.
* Architects – HTA Design
* Housebuilder/Contractor: United Living
* Planning authority: London Borough of Merton
* Location: Merton
The new homes are all low rise, safeguarding the suburban village-like character of the neighbourhood, which will include:
• 91 existing and occupied homes retained on the estate
• Phases 2-4 include up to 180 new houses and flats
• Older persons’ apartments at the heart of the community
• Reprovision of a larger community space
• Tree-lined streets and a central landscaped swale
• Playable landscape and biodiverse seasonal planting
• Masterplan designed to BREEAM Communities criteria