The regeneration of Ravensbury
In 2015 the decision was made to develop regeneration proposals for three existing estates: Ravensbury and Eastfields in Mitcham and High Path in Wimbledon, based on the condition of the homes, levels of overcrowding and the results of an independent residents’ survey.
The regeneration of Ravensbury received the support of Merton Council with outline approval being granted by the Council’s Planning Committee.
• Architects – HTA Design
• Housebuilder/Contractor Phase 1: United Living
• Housebuilder/Contractor Phase 2: Henry Construction
• Planning authority: London Borough of Merton
• Location: Merton
The new homes are all low rise, safeguarding the suburban village-like character of the neighbourhood, which will include:
• 91 existing and occupied homes retained on the estate
• Phases 2-4 include up to 180 new houses and flats
• Older persons’ apartments at the heart of the community
• Reprovision of a larger community space
• Tree-lined streets and a central landscaped swale
• Playable landscape and biodiverse seasonal planting
• Masterplan designed to BREEAM Communities criteria
Clarion Housing Association Limited is registered with Regulator of Social Housing (4865); and is a Charitable Community Benefit Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (7686) and affiliated to The National Housing Federation, and g15 (London’s 15 largest housing associations). VAT no 675646394. Clarion Housing Association Limited’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We would also like to use optional cookies to improve our online services, give you the best website experience possible and deliver tailored content, on and off our site. We will not set any optional cookies unless you enable them.
We use these cookies to track and analyse how you use our website. For example, which pages you visit, or whether you view content or download documents. We use this information to improve our online services and give you the best website experience possible through more relevant and personalised content. You can switch these cookies on or off at any time.